Free church kneelers
St Peter’s Church, Stockbridge has 50 red kneelers and 30 blue kneelers which are being offered for free. Each kneeler measures approximately 29cm by 20cm, and 8cm deep.
Operation Christmas Child – Romsey Deanery Shoebox Service 2016
This year’s Shoebox Service was on 20 November at Awbridge Church, where the first Deanery Service was held 20 years ago.
From our area of SO postcodes we collected 7,500-8,000 boxes altogether which were sent to a warehouse in Cardiff for distribution. From the feedback we have had so far our boxes have been sent to Zambia, Romania and Belarus. The Samaritan’s Purse website has stories from all of the 17 countries which received boxes from the UK. The UK sent 882,662 boxes in 2016, of which 114,569 came fromSt Peters our region of the South & SW.
Our collecting worked well this year and we were able to use facilities at Dentaid in Landford for storage but they do not have facilities for checking boxes.We would love to be able to process our own boxes this year so if you have any links with people who might like to join in and or have access to premises we could use, please let Mary Savage know. email@example.com
Romsey Deanery Youth Weekend Away
See report below of the weekend at Avon Tyrell in September 2016 – “A Whale of a Time”
Click on the link for the Romsey Deanery Newsletter Mar 15.
Hymn Books for donation
All Saints Church, Braishfield has recently replaced their hymn books and consequently there are words only copies of both Ancient and Modern revised and Mission Praise looking for a home, in return for a donation.
- 85 x words only editions of Ancient and Modern revised plus 2 large print editions. They all have the name of our church stamped in the front. Used (purchased by our church in 1978) but all in good condition.
- 30 words only editions (1998) of Mission Praise plus 7 large print editions. Large print are paperback; others are hardback. The books all have the name of our church stamped into the front. All used but in good condition with intact spine and pages.
Romsey Deanery Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- 13 – 21 November 2017, with an optional visit to Jordan and Petra 21 -25 November
- Led by Revd Andrew Ashdown and Revd Victoria Ashdown
- For further details see brochure: 2017 Romsey Deanery Pilgrimage leaflet
Fresh Expressions in a Rural Context
Nearly 60 people attended the Fresh Expressions in a Rural Context day at Braishfield on Saturday 31st January. All who came found it of interest and there was a lively atmosphere, with a good balance of input and discussion.
Experience Easter -King’s Somborne
Between 18 and 20 March, six displays were set up in the church representing key moments in the last week of Jesus’ life. Every class in the school visited. At each display, adults talked to them about the events depicted, answered questions, gave them things to think about and an activity before them moved on to the next. For more details, see the report attached.